(photo by Bethany Beams)
May 2nd is our last Market! Thank you for coming out week after week to buy good food from our farmers. Please check back for more information on where to find the farmers this summer & spring!
- John from Bolton Farms will be bringing Hydroponic Lettuces both in bouquets and spring mixes. He will aslo have rainbow swiss chard, pea shoots, micro greens, watercress, arugula and bok choy.
- Kim from Tripleberry Farm will be bringing assorted berry brownies and apple bars. They freeze very well so be sure to stock up. She will also have pesticide-free berry jams.
- Ed from Fraser’s Garlic Farm will have a wonderful variety of Certified Organic Asian greens, green garlic and the first lettuce grown on his farm in Churchville. He will also have sprouts and the dairy table with milk, yogurt butter, cheese and Red Jcket juices.
- Bobbi from Wohlschlegel’s Maple Farm will have Maple Cotton Fluff in addition to her maple syrup, maple cream, maple sugar and other fine maple products.
- Kurt from Clearview Farm will be offering Free-range, organically-fed eggs, celeriac, herbs, green onions and possibly ramps.
- Noreen from Nordic Farms will have a varied selection of jams, jellies, granolas, pickles, a lot of fresh eggs and apples.
- John from Flour City Pasta will have a wide selection of locally grown organic grain pastas this week. Including, Whole Wheat Tubes, Emmer Fettuccine and some flavored whole wheat pasta too.
- Trystan from First Light Farm will have their “Eastern Standard Jack,” a Monterrey Jack cheese made from certified organic Jersey cow’s milk. Available in Original and Garlic & Herb flavors. They will also have their Chevre Made with pure Nubian & Alpine goat’s milk.
- Allie from Small World Bakery will have Sesame Bread, baked goods, granola, hot sauce and sauerkraut.
- Genga from GoVeggies will have a free sampling veggie soups and veggie burgers.
- Phil from Fisherhill Farm will have leeks, potted lettuce plants (aka salad bowls), winter squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, potatoes, onions.
- Debbie from Heiden Valley Farm will have eggs, chicken, turkey, beef, and pork.
- Nicola from Kiki’s Baklava will be offering her fantastic baklava made from local honey & walnuts.
- John from Martha Jane’s will have freshly baked breadsticks, Baguette, graham crackers & gingerbread.
- Nancy from Pasta Classics will have Handmade Ravioli,Baked Stuffed Breads and Pasta Sauces for your quick dinner needs!
The Market will meet from 3 to 6 at the Monroe County Cornell Cooperative Extension (249 Highland Ave. NY 14620)!
Local Produce, All Winter Long!