** EXTENDED HOURS! You asked, We listened! The Market will be open until 6:30pm for the Month of March.
NEW: Clearview Farm will have Ramps aka Wild Leeks! Wohlschlegel’s Maple Farm will have “maple cotton fluff” and a 1/2 price sale on soft molded maple sugar. And Bolton Farms will be introducing Bibb Lettuce!
Here’s what the farmers will have for you on Wednesday:
- Kurt from Clearview Farm will be offering Free-range, organically-fed eggs, dried and fresh herbs, celeriac, potatoes, shallot-like onions, turnips, parsnips. He will also have Ramps (wild leeks), spinach, and scallions.
- Bobbi from Wohlschlegel’s Maple Farm will be offering maple syrup, maple sweets, spreads and more.
- Katie from First Light Farm will be debuting their “Eastern Standard Jack,” a Monterrey Jack cheese made from certified organic Jersey cow’s milk. Available in Original and Garlic & Herb flavors.
- Allie from Small World Bakery will have Sesame Bread, granola, hot sauce and sauerkraut.
- Ed from Fraser’s Garlic Farm will operate the Dairy Table this week with milk, yogurt, cheese, butter and Red Jacket juice. He will also offer certified organic dry beans and popcorn from Cayuga Pure Organics. Back in the market again this year are yummy organic sprouts from Springwater Srouts. Everything is local and either certified organic or sustainably grown.
- John from Bolton Farms will be bringing a new item, a beautiful Bibb Lettuce to the market in addition to their Hydroponic Spring Mix and Bouquets. They should also have rainbow swiss chard, watercress, endive, arugula, cilantro, micro greens, Bok Choi, and butternut squash.
- Kim from Tripleberry Farm will be offering pesticide-free berry jams and assorted brownies and her apple bars.
- John from Flour City Pasta will have a wide selection of locally grown organic grain pastas this week. Including, Whole Wheat Tubes, Emmer Fettuccine and some flavored whole wheat pasta too.
- Genga from GoVeggies will have a free sampling veggie soups and veggie burgers.
- Phil from Fisherhill Farm will have winter squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, potatoes, onions. They will also be offering frozen corn and rhubarb from this summer’s bounty.
- Noreen from Nordic Farms will have a lot of eggs this week. She will also have a varied selection of jams, jellies, granolas, pickles, and apples.
- Debbie from Heiden Valley Farm will have eggs, chicken, turkey, beef, and pork.
- Nicola from Kiki’s Baklava will be offering her fantastic baklava made from local honey & walnuts.
- John from Martha Jane’s will have freshly baked breadsticks, Baguette, graham crackers & gingerbread.
- Nancy from Pasta Classics will have Handmade Ravioli,Baked Stuffed Breads and Pasta Sauces for your quick dinner needs!
The Market meets every Wednesday from 3 to 6:30*, at the Monroe County Cornell
Cooperative Extension, November to May 2nd!
*for the month of March.
Local Produce, All Winter Long!