(photo by Christin Boggs)
** EXTENDED HOURS! You asked, We listened! The Market will be open until 6:30pm for the Month of March.
Here’s what the farmers will have for you on Wednesday:
- Kurt from Clearview Farm will be offering Free-range, organically-fed eggs, Reba potatoes, beets, parsnips, shallot-like onions, celeriac, carrots, and aromatic dried basil.
- John from Bolton Farm will be bringing Hydroponic Lettuce Bouquets and Spring Mix this week along with endive, red russian kale, parsley,micro greens, watercress, arugula, spinach, pac choi, pea shoots, micro greens, rainbow swiss chard, basil and butternut squash.
- John from Flour City Pasta will have a wide selection of locally grown organic grain pastas this week. Including, Whole Wheat Tubes, Emmer Fettuccine and some flavored whole wheat pasta too.
- Katie from First Light Farm will be bringing whey-brined Feta in addition to their soft cheeses.
- Kim from Tripleberry Farm will be offering Blueberry Double Chocolate Brownies, Banana Chocolate Chip Caramel Brownies and Apple Bars (which have no butter or oil in them!). She will also have pesticide-free berry jams and frozen blueberries. This and next week will be your last chance to get blueberries until the new crop comes in July!
- Genga from GoVeggies will have a free sampling veggie soups and veggie burgers.
- Allie from Small World Bakery will have Country Multigrain Bread, cookies (some of which will be gluten free), granola, hot sauce and sauerkraut.
- Phil from Fisherhill Farm will have winter squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, potatoes, onions. They will also be offering frozen corn and rhubarb from this summer’s bounty.
- Noreen from Nordic Farms will have a varied selection of jams, jellies, granolas, pickles, eggs and apples. She is also having a 2.00/lb soup bone sale. The cows were grass-fed, no hormones, or antibiotics.
- The dairy table will have Low temperature pasteurized whole, low fat and skim milk from pastured jersey cows, no hormones or antibiotics. Plain, maple, vanilla and black cherry yogurt. Butter in small and large tubs. Raw goat milk cheddar cheese. Red Jacket Orchard Juices will be available too!
- Debbie from Heiden Valley Farm will have eggs, chicken, turkey, beef, and pork.
- Bobbi from Wohlschlegel’s Maple Farm will be offering maple syrup, maple sweets, spreads and more.
- Nicola from Kiki’s Baklava will be offering her fantastic baklava made from local honey & walnuts.
- John from Martha Jane’s will have freshly baked breadsticks, Baguette, graham crackers & gingerbread.
- Nancy from Pasta Classics will have Handmade Ravioli,Baked Stuffed Breads and Pasta Sauces for your quick dinner needs!
Live Music by Honky Tonk Sid & the Dakodas!
The Market meets every Wednesday from 3 to 6:30*, at the Monroe County Cornell Cooperative Extension, November to May 2nd!
*for the month of March.
Local Produce, All Winter Long!